Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Deb = Mom

My mom's going to kill me for posting anything that has her mug on it, but it was Mother's Day over the weekend... what else would be appropriate? We were over there Sunday, but I never did take the camera out. These were from various occasions from this year. It was a beautiful day. We deserved it after the five days prior to Sunday were tough to stomach. Erica, myself, my dad and my mom took a walk in the afternoon around the canal and cemetery. Stopped at the Tyler plot and then over to the Casertas. It's strange to see all these stones for people you knew. It had never hit me like that. Forest Hill used to be a place we'd ride our bikes through. We'd fish in the canal that ran through it, and now it's a resting place for more and more of the people I knew as a kid. So enough of that...

We had steaks on the grill later in the evening and never made it back to Columbus until midnight. I was exhausted, but I love that drive. State Rte 36 into Urbana and then follow State Rte 29 down to Interstate 70. You pass all the stuff you've passed a million times. And there's a fair amount of places along that route that I wouldn't mind eventually living in. So anyways, it was a great day spent with a great mom. You never know how lucky you are as a kid. It takes years for you to realize what an ass you were for so long and what a saint someone must be to have not easily ended your selfish little existence long ago.

The sketches were for my Uncle Tom's little baking business. I think they had asked me at the beginning of the year to do this... so yeah, it's May. Obviously, they acquired someone else to do the work. It's probably better this way. Last time I did a job for a family member, it cost me $400. But it had been a while since I sketched out logo concepts on vellum and I wish I could do it more often.

No comments: