Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hiding the Pain

I needed a laugh, so I put on a mask with Erica (not pictured) the other night for the first time in my life. Instead of a laugh, I got a deep cleansing peppermint burn. Let it be noted that face masks are not for the faint of heart. But they do leave your face feeling clean and refreshed. The pros may be outweighing the cons here.

I've been bummin' lately and that last post wasn't helping matters... at all. The car door kept me off my feet longer than I anticipated. I know... I'm lucky it wasn't worse, but that's not much consolation when the reality is that it wasn't worse and I still can't run. I did end up running that 5K the day after which wasn't bright in retrospect. I honestly thought I'd be doing my long run that Sunday. My Peroneus Longus had something else in mind. It's been almost three weeks and it stills feels like Play-Doh. But it is getting better. After logging only 10 miles over a two week period, I've run three days in a row and the leg feels relatively good. The worst part is that I have no idea how much of my running base I lost over that two week stint... and this Saturday marks 12 weeks to the Monumental. Now is the time to be putting in some serious training. I'm really hoping things clear up in the next week or two.

On a side note... nine more days of unmarried-ness. This is officially my last
unmarried weekend.

2 comments:

John Shaw said...

this gets my vote for best blog picture

bww said...

lost the ability to run. soon to lose the ability to sleep with sworns of women.