Monday, September 7, 2009

Later Summer


I'm breaking rank here and posting out of format... only because I'm not on my computer, thus have no access to Photoshop as I haven't cared to install CS anything on Erica's machine after her big HD meltdown. But there's been some things that have transpired in the last month.

For starters, the wedding's over. And by "over", I mean that it's happened and it really turned out better than Mr. Glass Half Empty could've expected. To say the least, it was perfect and everything came together in that manner almost on its own. It was as if it guided us, not the other way around and I thought that was pretty cool. So many times, people get caught up in the fact that their wedding "has to be" like this, or like that. And much like life, that kind of control is impossible. Now, I'm not saying that it was a walk in the park or there wasn't hard work put into it by a number of parties, but when you let people do what they do, it's great and wonderful things occur because of it. And one of the better parts is the honeymoon isn't for another two weeks. We have a bonzer vacation to look forward. Honestly, I was waiting on images from the photographer to post, but those are in the mail somewhere, so I will save that for another day. In retrospect, I do wish I'd have taken at least one photo the entire weekend. Many props to my sister for making it out with me for a run around Lunken to calm the nerves.

My brother and sister-in-law are expecting #2 any day now! Holy crap, what's it gonna be!?! I have money down in Vegas that he has four girls. I'm not sure poor Lauren is aware of the life-changing event that will soon be taking place in her little world. Maybe she'll be cooler with Uncle Jason, although I can't complain too much. Other than a little spell around Christmas, she's been more than willing to hang out and get picked up. She even let me put her down one night not too long ago. She twitches more than me when she's falling asleep.

Labor Day weekend is here. The unofficial end to summer. High school football is already two weeks into their season and the Buckeyes got away with one over the weekend against Navy. It blows my mind how tentative Heacock is with that defense. For years, he's played soft in the first half... always on their heels. Marathon training is well under way. My first 20-miler is this week, and it doesn't really let up for another month. It'll culminate at the Columbus Marathon as that will be my last "long run" before I taper for the Monumental Marathon in Indy. I can't wait. I feel good following the bike fiasco and I'm ready to put the hammer down on a BQ. My mileage is almost 20mpw more than what it was last year at this same time, and I'm hoping that it helps me come race day. I ran in the rain at the Leap for the Ligers 5K this morning at Griggs Reservoir. The rain was actually pretty nice, but I once again went out too fast and blew up in the end. I'm going going to get it right one of these days. I do have to keep in mind that this came following an 18-miler Friday morning and then seven miles of hills yesterday. But it still should be better than a 19:17 (noticed the official time on their site... my watch sucks). I think that's what it was officially, not entirely sure. Their clock was a little weird. But I met some great people and got in a good workout.

So that's about it. I'll have to get a picture or two up tomorrow when I'm in front of my computer at work. We spent the afternoon down in Hocking Hills yesterday. I love that place. It was too bad we couldn't have stayed. Hope everyone's Labor Day weekend was as good as mine.

No comments: