Tuesday, November 17, 2009

James Nicodemus Gustof Tyler III


With all these choices on the brand new blog editor, I'm a little more than confused. The last post didn't format very well, so I'm hoping this stab at things is a bit smoother.

I went home Saturday to help my dad put together a shed. I learned three things: 1) I'm lousy at being a carpenter. 2) I'll never trust measurements and angles on pre-fab anything. 3) The new section of the bike path that heads south to Troy is hot-diggity.

Concerning the first, I don't know how this has passed me up. Well I do, but it bothers me slightly. Craft was one of the biggest things they beat into our heads in school. Be precise. Make sure your shit looks good. I just think I get myself in a hurry. Eager to keep up. My dad is well versed in the arts of fixing, building, handy-manning... and I am, well... not. So I guess I was trying to keep up and do my part, but as they say, haste makes waste.

Concerning the second, that's common sense. Thanks doctor.

Onto the third... it really is a nice piece of path they laid down there next to the river. I intended to finally take pictures of the path on this trip home. I even remembered to pack the mini digi, but upon leaving the house and making it down the hill, I once again found myself empty-handed. Geez J. This was only my second run post-Monumental and an hour would've been all I'd have in me. I underestimated the distance from 1913 Beckert to the end of the trail at Peterson Road by about four miles, so 10+ miles later, I was back home and pretty beat. Oh, but it was worth it. I even saw a year-old buck along the trail. So that piece combined with the northern half could comprise a pretty decent long run in the future.

We worked well past dark Saturday night and so the dogs were out keeping us company. This is my sister's dog, Jimmy. Just Jimmy. I added the flourish just because he looks so astute under the spotlight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yimmy...such a handsome boy!!