Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fire & Ice

With the warm weather, it's hard to imagine that less than two weeks ago, we were on the frozen waters of Rocky Fork Lake warming ourselves around a bonfire. That's right... a fire on a frozen lake. Seems counter-intuitive, I know, but all present were adults and more importantly, men. The photos are courtesy of Brad's Uncle Steve. We had a blast and it will definitely go down as another night to remember down at the RFL.

I even had enough left in me to wake up early the next morning and gut out an 18-miler that I'm aptly naming, "The Butcher." This is only the second running route I've ever named but rest assured, it's deserving. I'm honestly thinking of making this my last long run before I taper for the Flying Pig. My 21-miler the following week felt like a walk in the park comparably. And since you asked, the only other named route is in Cincinnati and is known as "The Grizzly." Let me know if you'd like to run it sometime. It's a kick in the pants.

But it's back to packing. We'll officially be in Cincinnati full-time on the 22nd of this month.

No comments: