Thursday, September 9, 2010

Moon Over GABP

Got the opportunity to hit up a Reds game last Tuesday night. We've been to a few over the course of the year. Erica had a prior commitment so it ended up being me, my sister, my friend, Steve and his friend, Mike. For as many times as I've been to The Thirty Year Mistake GABP over the years, I've only sat in a handful of locales... none of which were in the Moon Deck. I don't think I'll be sitting anywhere else from here on out... unless they're free. Proof is in the picture. This was the picture I would paint listening to the Reds on 700 WLW in our garage on summer nights. Even then they would leave everyone on base.

While in those pretty little seats, Scott Rolen hit a bloop single that looked headed for shallow right center until my large noggin's gravity nearly pulled it out of the park and into my awaiting hands. Ended up going off the wall for a double. They need me in those seats. We also saw Harang pitch and somehow only give up one earned run. Let's just say we saw Labor Day's beating coming.

Speaking of last Tuesday... what a difference a week makes. Can we beat a team that has a record over .500? Does anyone really want to win the NL Central?

No comments: