Friday, March 6, 2009

Olentangables...

I'm listening to T.I. and Rihanna right now so I can't really tell you just how hard it is not throw in a "ahey-ahey-ahey"... but that has nothing to do with my Friday morning long run... although I regret that now.

What a difference a couple days make. I was running around Lunken Tuesday morning with temps in the teens and I wake up this morning to 55 balmy degrees. After a late start, I made my way to the Olentangy via King. Hit the bike path and I headed due south for the next 5+ miles along the river. This is basically the route that used to get me to the Miranova back in the day. Passed a homeless camp just south of 5th, the tunnel under 315, across 33 and back over the river at the confluence. But rather than heading up Mound to head back toward Grandview, I jumped back on the path and took it south to Kinnear. It's a fairly unimpressive part of the path. The bottom middle shot is looking back at the nearly-completed Main Street bridge. So I got a nice tail wind on the way back north up Front... and then around Goodale Park to Neil Avenue. I like incorporating Neil into any run I can. It's not bad to look at when the magnolias bloom in spring. And once I turn left onto King, I put my head down for the next 15 minutes and hate life. It's a gradual downhill for a half mile to the river, and then you start a gradual mile-and-a-half climb back to Glenn Avenue. It sucks and at the end of a run, it seems to go on forever, but I can't complain too much. At least I could feel my toes the whole time.

So that was my Friday morning. 12.40 miles for the day.

No comments: