Thursday, December 10, 2009

First Snow


I wimped out this morning. It wasn't the cold that sent me to the dreadmill in the basement, it was the wind. Well, the wind combined with the cold. What a storm this was. Hello winter. I do hope this increases my chances of skiing over the holidays ten-fold.

My niece was baptized over the weekend in Minster so I was able to get to back to Piqua for their Holly Jolly 5K on Saturday morning. I was wrastlin' a decent head cold, but still came away with an 18:56... a PR by about 21 seconds. I got a glass ornament for my efforts. The key is to run these local 5K's in the fall when all the high school and college cross country runners are in season. Come December, they're running sub-16's and making you wish you stayed in bed. But it was fun and I got to talk to some people I haven't seen in a while.

Because of the baptism, I had to skip the trip over to Pittsburgh for the UC/Pitt game. If you want to know what I missed, read here and here. Not here. But hey, family comes first, unless they're incarcerated. The worst part was that my cold prevented me spoiling my two nieces. I've already got dibs on Kendall come Christmas time. Lauren, unfortunately, can walk and doesn't trust me farther than she can throw me. Being continually passed up for the likes of my sister starts to hurt over time.

No comments: