Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Training Day

Last Thursday was just one of those days. I began a post that was never completed. I had a corresponding image (top) and everything. This is how it began: 
It's been my experience that when it rains, it pours. When you start your day off on the wrong foot, watch out, it will only get worse. Today is one of those days for me.
It really started last night around 6pm. I attempted a run right after a work. A mid-week long run of about ten miles or whatever I could pull off in an hour and twenty minutes. That run was hell. My legs might as well have been attached to my 90 year-old grandma because that's what they felt like. It didn't help that it was 90º with a heat index of a million... combine that with my geriatric legs and you have someone running behind, which put me in a bind in other areas of my life (mostly domestic).
Got to bed at a decent hour, woke up and the coffee was ready to go. Left shin felt o.k. so I was thinking of running for about 40 minutes and finishing up at the track with four sets of 800m or thereabouts. Didn't even make it up the street.
I never got to the part about forgetting to shut my thermos completely and having all of my coffee spilling out onto the contents of my lunch and eventually down my white shirt. I definitely forgot the part about having to work late in order to hit a crazy deadline... or finding out that my "chisel through the window" accident wasn't going to be cheap.

All I know is that I'm glad I didn't post it. Bad days are like farts in the wind. Yeah, they stink... but eventually they go away and give you something to laugh about later.

I wandered around today looking for a specific photo for a specific job. I've always liked this particular spot in Cincinnati. I think of it as the great divide between two very different trains (no pun intended) of thought. Looking south down ye ole Mill Creek and one of the biggest railroad transfer stations in country. The skyline off to the left, Kentucky on the horizon and the western hills to the right.

The first shot was from Ryan's wedding weekend. It was taken from the third floor in the Natural History Museum and overlooked Central Park with the buildings of 5th Avenue in view.

No comments: