Thursday, November 4, 2010

FUOH

(Sorry, forgot to warn folks there'd be cursing in the post below. It's belated, but you've been warned. Also, Brad shared this link with me this morning. Slightly heavy-handed at the end, but read and re-read each bullet.)

In college, Erica and her friend, Tommy, had a saying... Pave Canada. I have no idea the context in which it was used but I like it. It's funny and I wish it were mine. But it's not.

I found this article whilst perusing the Enquirer's site. That saying came to mind except more along the lines of Pave Ohio. Just do it already. And when you do pave it, use the same techniques you've been using. Make it half as thick as German highways so you are constantly resurfacing. That'll create jobs. This Kasich guy is on to something. What an asshole.

On a side note but not completely unrelated, Boehner said something about how the "people have spoken" or something along those lines. What's funny about that is Ohio had less than 50% voter turnout (48.7%). Traditionally, Republicans have fared best when voter turnout is low which means "the people" or "the republic" to which he's referring didn't really speak. And that's unfortunate.

One last thought but, again, not completely unrelated... if I took eight years to totally fuck something up, I'd at least give the next guy eight to fix it. Common courtesy, right? Where were all you tea baggers when we started two wars AND cut taxes? That doesn't strike me as being fiscally responsible.

No comments: