Monday, February 28, 2011

Birfdays

The weekends keep flying by. So much so that I will start a post and then inevitably have to discontinue said post and when I pick back up where I left off I notice that everything needs to be changed because "later this week" or "this past Sunday" no longer applies so I'll keep this short and sweet.

We celebrated my niece's third birthday on the 18th. It was a casual affair but we had a good time despite the weather. Her and I are forever doomed to lousy weather around our birthdays. Her mom went to the trouble of making that Barbie cake as well. We didn't have nearly as hard a time eating it.

And that's the short of it. Erica and I were both sick at various points last week making sleep tough to come by. I did get a lot done with the house as far as organization goes. I finally got the closet system installed to a stopping point upstairs. I got the second crib set up and the babies' room organized. It's basically one big crib. Insane. There is no such thing as a modest crib anymore... just cheaper materials in the same gargantuan cribs. I wish I would've done a little more research on that end. Now they'll each have full beds when they get older but where in the hell do you stick two full beds!?! That's right, two separate rooms. It's a shame what McMansions have done to standard home furnishings.

We attended a birthing class all day Saturday. Enlightening to say the least. Very good information but all I could think about during the video segment was how awful a hospital environment must be when you're in hours and hours of labor. It's cold and drab. Why can't we make this better. Look at the Dutch... they're look is sterile yet inviting. Nothing we can do about it now. So are we ready? Who knows. I'm getting pretty anxious, watching Erica's every move, every grimace, every labored movement. Today marks the 29th week and those little guys are about three pounds apiece. Three pounds! That's six pounds of baby! I have sanctioned her to the couch at this point. She listens sometimes and she moves things around behind my back some other times.

The butterflies are aflutter more and more. Time is growing short.

No comments: