Friday, August 8, 2008

Big Bear Blue Skies

It's been so farkin' hot lately that today was welcomed relief. I don't do well in muggy weather. I sweat just thinking about it. I'd rather be wrapped up in a sweater than the hot, humid air.

So I took the long way home tonight. I first went south on the bike path. I could've and should've taken it farther, but I was hungry. I still thought I'd try and find a better route into Grandview. I hate heading straight up the wind tunnel that is 3rd Avenue with cars giving you hell the whole time because they're so far removed from actually using their own energy for transportation that they consider you to be in the way. Turns out there really isn't a better way home. Doesn't matter. The place where I rent an office is moving next week and I'm tagging along. It's literally down the street from me. I'm not sure how I feel about it as it takes almost four miles out of my commute. I'll miss the river. No more bus either. It's the bike or the car for me.

All good things must come to an end. Big Bear's warehouses are being torn down to make way for some fancy mixed-use mega-condo thing. Recent graduates from around the state will flock. Goodbye Big Bear... hello Big... eh... something.

1 comment:

bshawise said...

Big Ballers. With dreams, but not the guts to buy 20 inch rims.