Thursday, July 23, 2009

Scrabbbbbled

I got beat last night in Scrabble by the girl in the bottom right corner. All tiles were used and in the end, she got me by a point. I was leading most of the game, but she posted 50 points on me in the later stages to set herself up for the final lunge. What's worse is that this has happened before. The scores were higher as we were smarter then... and she beat me by three points, instead of just one. It's tough playing with her though. She never... EVER... gives up the Triple Word Score. There was nearly a border of unused spaces encircling our game last night because neither of us were willing to let the other one prosper. Cagey.

I was perusing my satchel yesterday looking for past training guides to help me piece together one for the Monumental and I came across a $10 gift card I got not too long ago from The Running Spot in Cincinnati. It was for finishing in the top 10 of the Mini Heart Marathon's Two-Beat Challenge (run the 5K and the 15K back-to-back). It's the first time I've ever gotten prize money... although I did get a plaque at the Lehman Alumni 5K. I'm unwilling to accept it though. I just don't think I'm ready to turn pro. And what if the NCAA finds out about this and yanks my eligibility for the 2009-10 OSU football season. I can't imagine Coach Tress being too happy about a $10 mishap.

We're heading home this weekend to run a local 5K and pick up some things for the wedding. This race will be what I base my decision on. Stay tuned.

No comments: