Friday, July 10, 2009

Ready for a Break

These are the only photos I've taken in two weeks. Lame. And that really about sums it up. Three project completion dates zeroed in on me and culminated in the perfect storm of me not sleeping and being a pain in the ass to deal with. A couple of them are still floating and causing me grief, but those, too, shall pass. I wish I were an event planner, not a designer, so that my skill set would not have required me to do my wedding invites, but rather, get someone else to do them. So those should be going out tomorrow. The only hitch is that I ordered some labels from a place that has no "Rush" capabilities. They're in Indiana... go figure. So, I'll probably be going with some generic p.o.s. that I find at Michael's... assuming they have them.

What's next? A 5K on the 25th. Finally, another race, but I've got to get me left leg back into shape. It's pretty buggered up at this point and I think I'm only making it worse by trying to run six days a week. Fridays are usually my long runs and I took today off to see what would help and what won't. I'm thinking that it's got to do with a pulled muscle as I can still technically run on it and it only gets better over the course of the run... that is until I quit running and then it's a nice throbbing pain.

But I'd rather get to Indy injury-free than with a bum leg. I've decided to do the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon on November 7th. Columbus is three weeks before so I might do that as my last long run and just take it easy and enjoy the race. I'm actually looking forward to it. Tough to pass up your hometown marathon, especially when there's potential for pancake fights.

No comments: