Wednesday, May 5, 2010

1512 Wittekind

These aren't the best shots, but they'll do for now. Above is our new house... a 1939 cape cod nestled in the tree-lined streets of College Hill. It was a lot of work getting to this point and it'll be even more work getting it the way we like... but, so far, it's been worth it.

I had to take a picture of the floors. These were seriously under that nasty carpet. It was as if they refinished them and then immediately put carpet on top. Unreal. We lucked out but are happy for it. Now I just have to get the yard back into shape and dismantle those awnings somehow. The horseshoe pits in the back had me at hello. Now I just need me a horse so that I may borrow his shoes from time to time.

4 comments:

bww said...

I like it a lot. Congratulations.

Arnold said...

Your little piece of the American Dream! Looks great.

Anonymous said...

oh, the floors. i love the floors!! what a great find. I can't wait to see the whole joing.

Anonymous said...

joint. not joing.