Monday, May 10, 2010

Mom Day

I'm beat. We've had the house for less than two weeks and I already feel like the work is never-ending. We're onto the painting now. After that, we might get a lull in the action.

All week I wanted to do yard work. I wanted to cut, trim, hedge. I went out and bought grass stain-less lawn equipment Thursday night but got home too late to fire them up. I, unexpectedly, had to work late Friday night and was once again denied the satisfaction of a freshly-cut lawn. After picking up a few things from the west side Saturday morning, we headed back to the CH only to take off some awnings that were riveted to the side of the house. In the process, I broke a window and what feels like every bone in my two hands. We then worked on the yard the rest of the day... at least the part of the day that contains light. So it was off to Lowes to get paint chips, primer and painting tools in general. Hit Bob's for dinner, picked up a six-pack and went to the task of prepping the downstairs for primer and paint.

We were supposed to wake up early Sunday and get work done before heading to Piqua for Mother's Day. Easier said than done. After sleeping in, I continued to take out old screws, blind brackets, etc, etc but we eventually had to hop in the shower and make our way north.

We picked up my grandma in Englewood on the way there and enjoyed a nice little Sunday in P-town with ze family. Everyone made it so we had some pig and chicken on the grill, some baked beans, some salad, some Coca-Cola Classics. I could've used a nap regardless of what time I woke up.

Got home around midnight and immediately got to bed. Another weekend down. Congrats to all the Indy Mini runners this weekend... Matt and Taryn Elliott, Nick and Chris Koon. I was pretty bummed not to be able to make the trip. Judging from everyone's times, it was a pretty decent morning to run. There was no chance of racing it, but running with some comrades would've been fun. It would've also been the 7th year in a row... a streak that is now broken. I also made it into the "A" corral based off my 2009 time. Now it's off to the back of the line.

And just to note... my dad has now decided to grow a goatee. I can't wait to see this new look come to fruition.

No comments: