Friday, June 4, 2010

J.Patrick: Basement Sealer

You know those forwards that have the woman wearing the motorcycle helmet upside down or the mules carrying half a car? Well, this image might make an appearance on something like that if it were ever suited for basement sealers. It's come to my attention that the crack along the wall in my basement leaks some serious water when there are very heavy downpours of rain. With all the heat and humidity the last couple of weeks, those heavy downpours are happening with annoying frequency. So the final fix will be to make a V cut into the concrete at the crack and seal it with some QuickCrete... but until that happens, I've concocted the most ghetto fix ever devised. It's a plastic bucket cut in half, then caulked to the side of the wall to act like a dam. The only addition I really need is a tube running out of the bottom and into a nearby drain. Once completed, all I have to do is wait for the next hard rain and see what kind of skills I've got.

I'm often pretty optimistic about such endeavors, but I'm giving this absolutely no shot of working. None. I've had plenty of run-ins with water over the years and I've yet to win. Narrowly escape, yes... but never win.

2 comments:

bshawise said...

I applaud your gangster ingenuity.

Mongo said...

water seaks it's own level. good luck