Monday, June 7, 2010

Spring Grove

My mom will appreciate this post. This one goes out to D.T. Here's your shout-out.

I missed the bus Friday... kind of on purpose and took off down Hamilton to Groesbeck, which then turns into Gray and drops 400' down to Winton Rd. Before you get to Winton, there is an entrance to Spring Grove Cemetary... and while I've heard all about it, I've never actually been inside the grounds, so I took a sharp turn to the right and found myself riding through a dream land. It's hard to describe and could really only be appreciated in person. I had to get to work so I didn't have time but only for a quick couple of shots while riding along. The bottom image doesn't do that oak tree justice. It. Was. A. Monster. Its trunk was bigger than our bathroom.

I'm looking forward to leaving a little earlier next time and exploring just a little bit more. But even so, I now have a shortcut through a crazy magnificent piece of history.

And just to note, following a line of heavy storms that came through Sunday morning, I went downstairs to find about 3" of standing water in my bucket and nary a drop on the basement floor. BOOM!

1 comment:

John Arns said...

Spring Grove. Best kept secret in Cincinnati. Both Procter and Gamble are buried there. As is Fleischmann of Fleischmann margarine fame just to name a few. Also home to some of Ohio's and the nation's champion trees. They have extremely massive American Elm trees. Love the place.