Friday, June 27, 2008

Bloggo Immedioso

Two posts in one day!?! You'll just have to call me crazy. I got home somewhat early because a deadline was postponed so I took to the task of seeing what was up with Macintosh HD. Alas, Startup Disk came to the rescue and made all appropriate repairs. Didn't charge me a dime and looked good doing it.

Earlier in the day, there was potential Catholic Church festival in the works, but my boy blew me off and left me to my own devices. After a good run and a so-so shower, I took off on the Trek... due east.

Community Fest, or ComFest, is this weekend at Goodale Park. I road my bike over last year on a Sunday and didn't see what the hype was all about. The grass was filled with people that drank and smoked way too much over the weekend and even the trees smelled like bratwurst. But I decided that it would be a nice night for a bike ride. I'm not really sure what ComFest is all about. They're trying hard to be this uber-liberal hippie festival. There's a bunch of tents selling crap, a bunch of tents selling beer and three or four stages selling propaganda and bad music. Sound interesting? It isn't. Hollister was getting drunk and talking on his cell phone next to the anti-Christ who was getting drunk and talking on his cell phone. I saw hipster couples in arguments over the same things that non-hipster couples argue about... ie: "Why are you ignoring me?"

But I was glad I went. It was fun to ride through the throngs of people. The most interesting part of the night was getting a beer. It was the "buy tokens at this booth, get beer at a completely different booth" system which I knew nothing about and I'm terrible at reading explanations. So I take my two tokens ($8) and head over to the appropriate tent. After waiting several minutes behind the entire freshman class of OSU, I get up to the front, hand the man my tokens and tell him to get me whatever two tokens will buy. So he brings me two plastic cups... one full and the other about a third full. I have my bike alongside, so there's no way I'm getting out of there with two cups. He seemed like a nice guy, so I tell him the second cup is his... cheers. We toasted, drank and I got the hell out of there.

And here I finish out the night on the front porch. Nothing much going on. Some SUV just backed into a parked car and then sped off. There was something not good about the sound that Xterra made when hitting that pothole. And you can hear cats either fighting or having sex in the alley. Bon noir!!

2 comments:

bshawise said...

my cousin got married in that park last weekend. cool place.

i decided i like festivals in theory only.

Brad H said...

Every year I pray for a larger meteor to hit Comfest.