Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rainy Dayz

Wow. I gots rained on real bad last night... and then again this morning. I knew it was going to rain yesterday. Everyone did... but I rode my bike anyhow. I thought that I'd at least have a window of opportunity to get up to the bus stop and take the 5 home. Hell No! Just about the time I was going to head out, the big man upstairs brought the pain in the form of a rain blanket. So I sat in the parking garage patiently waiting for an opportunity to head to the stop as now even my chance to catch a later bus was getting squeezed. So I probably jumped the gun a bit and I paid dearly. The lull in the action was just that... it poured while I desperately sought shelter but with nary a overhang in sight, I chose the backside of a windblown block building. At this point I was pissed and cursing the gods... and that's usually when I like to let them know they'll never get the best of me. I cinched up my pack and headed northwest along the river in a driving rain. It ended up being a good ride, but the bike did feel loose with all the water. I had to make sure I didn't lose it with a bunch of cars around. But I made it and so did all of my sensitive equipment. Get a Crumpler. But it was so wet that in the middle of the bike bath there was a monster of a snapping turtle waiting for a runner or a cyclist to slip up. Not this time turtle.

And then it rained even harder for my run this morning. I thought the shower at 7 am would be all she wrote... so I took off and didn't give much thought to the menacing clouds to the west. It didn't take long for them to let loose. The worst part was the lightning, and I know they tell you to stay away from trees, but you couldn't have towed me from those tree-lined streets. Maybe not the best move but all's well that ends well.

And go to Sticky Steve's blog and check out his clip of Oscar swimming. It backs up my account of him climbing ladders.

No comments: