Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's Rollin' Round the Bend

Another night shot... another train track. Different one but in the same general area. I was on my way to Barnes & Noble tonight when I was stopped by this train. I was going to try and beat it and probably could have, but I really wasn't in all that big of a hurry.

Who am I kidding? I was chicken. I should've gone for it. Why is beating a train such a rush? People pull out in front of other cars all the time. It might be a difference in perception that gives the added thrill. You're really not sure how fast it's moving or just how close it is. We don't encounter the situation multiple times a day. It's somewhat the same when I'm riding the bike and I zip across 5th when I probably shouldn't. Sometimes, you just have to go for it. But it's second-guessing your choice that gets you in trouble.

Either way, there were a ton of cars, all full of coal... where they were headed... I really don't know. That might rhyme if Toby Keith would sing it.

2 comments:

John Arns said...

Thanks for the posting !
I LUV trains.

bshawise said...

you're starting to assemble quite a portfolio of night shots. nice work.

T. Keith would put a boot up that train. 'Merican way.