Thursday, December 18, 2008

Holiday

The Envoi crew celebrated the holidays last night in downtown Cincinnati. We started with happy hour at Palomino's and then had dinner at ViaVite across the street. Nothing crazy, other than driving home late last night. It had been a long day and the skyline of Columbus couldn't appear out of the black soon enough. It didn't take long for me to find the backside of my eyelids once I did get to bed. I took this shot in the parking lot behind our building as I was heading out. I want to take it again, sans cars, and maybe with the help of a tripod. I've always liked the row of houses along Woodward Street.

But I was up and at 'em early... kind of. I ended up taking Tuesday and Wednesday off because of the ice and the party, so I wanted to get out this morning and see how things were with the equipment... and I'm happy to say that the 5+ mile run was virtually pain-free. And I felt like I could've gone farther, but I held back. I'm definitely not going to get ahead of myself on this one. But this is good news compared to where I was a week ago. I'm debating on a month-to-month gym membership for the use of the treadmill. I wouldn't normally go to such lengths, but I had some run-ins last year with old man winter and he's a bitch. I even took a nasty spill on an ice-covered manhole. Cost and availability will be driving factors, of course.

No comments: