Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This Just In...

"Birds Even Saying 'No Thanks'"... to the weather, that is. I thought of that one myself, thanks. It's a common complaint of mine among many. I tend to disagree with the weather more as I get older. Believe it or not, I spend more time outside now than I have in the 29 years prior... and I can't think of one thing I do outside that benefits from the whipping wind and rain. Sand volleyball borders on tolerable. Running is the same. It's just something you do because the alternative isn't an option. I would rather dip my bare feet in 30-degree sand than give up my one night of volleyball a week for some inclement weather.

These piss-poor weather weeks are starting to run together. April has worn out its welcome and I'm thoroughly ready for May... even though we know it's going to be 90 and humid from the first week until September. Again... complaining. The photo is a view out of the office where there are floor-to-ceiling length screens. The screen is what's in focus. Gave it a weird, dreary look that seemed all too appropriate for the day.

No comments: