Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Johnnie's, Your Johnnie's

I was riding home last night after working late and turned up Glenn and saw the welcoming red glow of Johnnie's Glenn Ave Grill. Back in colonial times, weary travelers would line the bar and put quarters in the pool table. They were even known to enjoy a tune on the jukebox from time to time. Not much has changed since those days... except there's now an Australian barmaid that will personally throw you out if she so much as sniffs a fracas. I, too, wouldn't have believed such a story had I not seen it with my own eyes.

None of that is true... except for the foreign barkeep and her rough and tumble ways... but as hole-in-the-wall bars go, Johnnie's is tops. They don't do much grillin' but throw back a PBR whilst nibbling on some club crackers.

1 comment: