Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Recap'd

Nothing terribly exciting going on. I'm busy with everything, so that seems to take precedence for the most part. We were able to sneak out Saturday and spent the morning/early afternoon with my Grandma in Englewood. We then spent the remainder of the day/night at my friend's property near Newport, Ohio drinking beers, watching fireworks, playing cornhole, riding ATV's and attempting to fish. I went through one worm and hung it up. Not that I don't like fishing, just not last Saturday. I should've taken some pictures, but I was fearful of something getting run over by some drunk ATV driver.

Woke up Sunday morning with the sun beating down on our tent, cleaned up a bit and headed to Piqua. I lounged around on the couch until our 1:52 pm tee time at Echo Hills Golf Course. So that was two pretty long days in the sun. I was whipped, but the golf was fun. That was my first round of 18 all year. We then had some dinner and headed home as the sun was setting. I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Above, my mom and sister's pugs have been taught to wait patiently to eat their treats until they've been given the go-ahead. Torture, yes... but it was the funny haha kind of torture. Below was Erica last night on the front porch. On a side note, after four weeks, my left hamstring is feeling better after a deep-tissue massage Friday and 18 holes Sunday. I've decided that part of the problem is sitting all day after my morning runs as well as the chair I'm sitting in. That's why when I have my own space, the desks will all be drafting tables. Stand or sit... it's up to you.

No comments: