Monday, July 19, 2010

Holy Humidity

I tried my best to make a sweat angel today. Had I not wrung the 15 cups of perspiration out of my shirt beforehand, it would've been a huge success.

The nineties show no sign up letting up and neither does the humidity. I can't say I'm holding up well at all. If I've learned one thing from this summer, it's that I'm a cold weather runner... and stubborn. I recognize that this stuff is bogging me down but I refuse to cut it back a notch.

I paid for it recently when I tried to get in a long run on a particularly hot and humid Thursday morning. I pushed it way too hard and then ran a hilly race that following Saturday in the heat. That little combo left me with a pain in the shin/calf area that I'm still trying to figure out and self medicate.

We leave for Michigan in a little over two weeks and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to 1) not staring at an iMac for hours on end, 2) hanging with the misses and 3) running in that beautiful weather. I've waited two weeks for a break in the weather. I've waited long enough. I'm making the break instead.

2 comments:

bshawise said...

that picture is crazy.

and i love it when you recognize your stubbornness. you're half bulldog, half donkey. but with the speed of a condor.

Brian J Conti said...

"I tried my best to make a sweat angel today."

Complimented by the photo, this could be one of the funniest things I've read all week. Your rye wit is well missed, my friend.