Monday, July 12, 2010

Brake Check

My weekend sucked. How 'bout yours?

It was written in the stars that we would hit it hard this weekend and get a bunch of that lingering crap done so we'd let it linger no more. These past couple of months have been a bear. If we're not working on the house then we're running around. There hasn't been much down time in my life. I'm pretty sure Erica doesn't do down time... bad for me. So I wasn't necessarily looking forward to it but saw its place in the overall scheme of things.

One of the projects I had on my plate was to change Erica's front pads and rotors. They wanted to charge her $450 at the VW dealership. No thank you, sir... I'll go this alone. Projects like this are always hard for me to start because I'm just not entirely sure how they'll end up. I'm no mechanic but I'm not willing to spend that kind of money on something I know is doable. It took me the better part of six hours and three separate trips to AutoZone but it's done and I saved us almost $400. I lost my weight in sweat but it was worth it. My supervisor even came out towards the end of the day to keep my company and lend a hand when needed.

In all, it was a productive weekend. The stop board and quarter-round is nailed which meant I got to use a miter box and nail gun for the first time. Pretty rad equipment. The painting, aside from the touching-up, is done. The grass is mowed and trimmed.

Next up are the ceiling fans and blinds. Putting out an APB for TNT.

3 comments:

Brad H said...

There is not a chance in hell I would ever drive that car.

tyler said...

neither would i.

bshawise said...

amen, hoffy.