Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pigs

Last night, the Buckeyes played one hell of a football game down in Tempe, AZ... only to come up short because of some Texan with a strong arm and iconic name.

There's no way you can take anything from that game other than the fact that they played their asses off. Good for them. But leave it to the sports media outlets around the country to put their "spin" on a great game. They remind me of the Grandview cops that I see several times a day... always with the sirens blazing atop their cars writing up another ticket (that's what the photo is... the blue and red of the cop car on the left). Grown men - for the most part - that make a living taking the easy way out.

The cop sits in a driveway at the end of a 25 mph stretch that is nearly impossible to go 25 on... if only because of gravity. They make $500 a day just sitting there, easy. Writers that typically pull college duty write about guys that aren't even the best at what they do. That's the NFL... or the NBA... or MLB, etc, etc. Easy pickins for anyone looking to dish out some criticism. I think the best defensive player in college football should get to line up across from the writer of his choice in a one-on-one tackling drill each year. Now that's the kind of easy pickins I could get into.

As for the Grandview gang, I wish I had a dime for every Stop sign or red light I've seen this group roll through. "Do as I say, not as I do."

2 comments:

Brad H said...

Am I correct in assuming the hill you're referring to is at the railroad tracks at the end of 5th Avenue? I get angry every time I see a Grandview cop hanging out there.

tyler said...

I forgot about that one!! Adding fuel to the fire, Hoffmann. This is Grandview Avenue, coming down the hill towards Goodale. E'ryday.