Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ch, Ch, Changes

Hard to believe it's already 2009. Oh, but what a time we had saying goodbye to '08. Christmas was good. I was leery of all the travel taking a toll on our nerves and patience, but we passed with flying colors. Christmas Eve was spent in Cincinnati, Christmas Day in Piqua and then back to Cincinnati on the 28th for an engagement party and three florist appointments on the 30th... only to scoot up 71 for a short pit stop in Columbus before we made our way to Wheeling.

And had I remembered to put the keys in the glovebox of my unlocked Intrepid, it would've been a fairly mistake-free week, but leave it to me to screw up the works. But we had a great time in WV ushering lil' Gordy into married life. The weather was nice and cool, but the lack of snow on their one and only slope was a bit disappointing... as if there would've been time for it.

So now we're back in Columbus. We spent much of the weekend catching up on sleep and hating our expanded waistlines. A couple of long runs, and we'll be back in business. Time to take down the decorations and wonder what 2009 will bring. I've got some resolutions of my own and I plan on keeping them.

No comments: