Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rant 012710


While I don't want to make a habit of this, I witnessed something today that I had to get off my chest. This won't be the last time, so behold the new face of "holding your tongue." 

I had to run to the bank at lunch and decided that I'd pick up a sub while I was out. The closest Subway was down 5th in a strip mall... very close to the bank. I usually shy away from this location unless I'm on my bike. There just aren't many parking spots available and it's always chaotic but I was close and thought I'd give it a shot. Upon pulling into the lot I watched two women getting out of a terribly-parked Honda Civic to my right. The edge of the lot was to their right giving them no chance to blame a poorly-parked over-sized truck next to them. Not only was it crooked, but it was two feet into the empty spot next to it. I watched in disbelief as the driver looked back, not just once, but twice... knowing that her stupid ass was blatantly taking up two spaces in an already crowded parking lot. I couldn't have been more furious as she turned and continued to waddle towards the Subway entrance.

There were no spots available so I eventually looped around and found a spot on Northwest Blvd. I wanted to do something. I felt the need... to say something... anything... but I didn't. It would've been rude and caused a scene. Instead, I walked into Subway and silently passed them on my way to the back of the line. But it's not right. I was raised not to cause a commotion, but dammit, you can't always hold your tongue. You can't! Honestly, the real question is, "Who raised her?" Who raised such an idiot stick of a person. Go ahead and steal my spot in the lot, whatever. I'll get over it, but to walk away when you see a car wanting to park in the only available spot which is no longer available because of your poor, mindless parking job is inexcusable.

We're too nice. We've been raised to be too nice. When someone forwards me an email telling me to boycott a US Stamp with Arab text on it because "MUSLIMS" have bombed this and that, I should reply with big fat capital letters telling him what a moronic dickhead he is for the lack of understanding and general intelligence he possesses. Such a request might be equivalent to boycotting BYU for atrocities committed by its founder, Brigham Young, against humanity in the 19th century. Muslims aren't the only humans to have murdered in the name of God. Or better yet, boycotting the United States entirely for atrocities committed against First Nations People throughout its history.

But instead, I deleted it. Didn't want to cause a scene.

No comments: