Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hit the Ball Already


Main Street's favorite son, Ronald, created this image of Obama shortly after the 2008 election. 

I do like complaining but I also see the need for solutions sprinkled in amongst all that bitching. On a side note, the more MacGyver-esque the solutions are, the better. I don't care to hear about how something won't work and neither does Mac.

Talking about solutions at length is like leaving a putt short. You're guaranteed to fail 100% of the time. Instead, walk up to the damn ball and give it a shot... a chance! And if you fail, then try it again from another angle, but dammit, you have to try.

If you don't think it's broke at this point, and I am referring to the health care system, then please read this and reconsider the facts. The rise in premiums and the lack of available care is unsustainable. It is. Bottom line. And the longer we take to make a change, the more money we're set to lose.

I create solutions to visual communication problems. That's what I get paid for. I would expect to be fired if I ever stood in the way of those solutions. I would expect to be fired if all I ever did was complain about possible solutions and never having any viable ones of my own. I would expect that others in their respective fields would feel the same heat for obstructing the solutions they're paid to create.

Last night, I heard a call to come up with solutions, not obstruct them. We should all follow suit.

No comments: