Monday, February 25, 2008

Flash Effects

This is simply pointless. I had gotten this really nice setup from my uncle when I graduated from UC. It had a nice Nikon flash in it, but the batteries had corroded. As embarrassing as this might be, I'm going to tell you that it took until this past weekend for me to finally fix that flash. But I did it! Had I known how it feels, I would've tackled this years ago, but only recently did the problem become noticeable.

So I spent the majority of yesterday experimenting with it. I can read every manual ever written on my flash, but until I get out there and use it, nothing will stick. And as much as I'd rather not use a flash, it's nice to know that it's available should the need arise... that's what I tell myself when in reality I just don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Anyways, this here is Opal. She's a jade plant and is currently cohabitating with my girlfriend, Erica. Opal happens to be her pride and joy. It wasn't all that long ago that Opal was struggling. She wasn't long for this world, but a relocation project and a brand new plant stand turned her frown upside down. She's now thriving in the southwest window of our apartment. Erica loves her dearly and I believe it shows in Opal's appearance. It's nice to see something so seemingly simple as a plant bring so much happiness to someone. Horticultural therapy at work.

No comments: