Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New Starts

I'm new to all of this. I thought I might just dive right in... but apprehension loomed large just beyond my cyber door. I was... and still very much am... excited about the birth of my niece yesterday. It's really what prompted this. I was ready to post names, pictures, stats... all of it. I have no desire to broadcast my own life on such a public venue so what makes me think she'd want hers? So it occurred to me that this blog would have to be approached, not with reckless abandon, but tact. This really is an assortment of ambiguity thrown together in an attempt to delicately provide a glimpse of the... blogger (is that right?). So all content must be carefully thought out... read, reread and finally approved by said blogger. So here it goes...

I became an uncle for the first time yesterday morning at 7:20 in the a.m.. She's sweeter than a fresh pull of Big League Chew. I'm excited... even more so than I thought I'd be. I want to take her to a ballgame, buy her the wrong hat and hope her parents taught her that peanut shells may or may not be edible. I want her to try and make me play dolls. She'll be sorry when I instead show her how a proper pursuit drill is run. What a sucker. But all that will have to wait until she's more than 8 lbs and is taller than 21.5". But I'm in no big hurry.

No comments: