Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Total Eclipse of the... Moon


I don't really know what the song means... mostly because I have a hard time listening to the words. But I do know what a total lunar eclipse is and what it means. It means that for several hours, a few things in the solar system are all lined up. They happen far more often than solar eclipses, but nonetheless are fun to have around. I stood outside in the bitter cold to snap this photo. In the process, you could hear the sounds of kids looking up into the sky to gaze upon one of the coolest things they'd ever seen.

It makes me wonder if there was a time when stargazing was the only form of entertainment in the evening. Either that or marauding... which I'm sure lunar eclipses did not help with and therefore were not welcomed.

No comments: