Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bling Bling

I proposed to Erica last night and she said YES! It's been a somewhat nerve-racking experience... just making sure that it was something she'd like, making sure that I proposed in a way that her and I would both be comfortable with and more than anything else, making sure she'd say yes. The latter ended up being the easiest part.

The process started the 5th of April when I took a trip home and headed into Thoma's too see if I could find a match to the sketch I had of a ring that she had previously tried on. Mr. Thoma said he'd take care of it and he most certainly did. So I went back once to make sure it would be to her liking and then picked it up just this Monday, proposed Tuesday night. It's hard to hold onto those things once you've got them.

So we were headed to dinner last night and I thought, carpe diem. So I wrote up a little note and put it on the passenger side of the car. I opened the door for her (which was entirely out of character) and by the time she turned around, I was already on one knee with a ring in my hand. It was strange how everything just slowed down. I didn't fumble with the ring at all and it was nearly a perfect fit. So we had a carefree night at Figlio and finished up with some ice cream at Jeni's.

I really wasn't sure how to tell everyone. I'm not one to draw attention to myself concerning such matters and thus decided that I would tell them in the manner that I usually communicate with them. I thought it was a good idea... my sister did not, seeing as though we usually text each other. Anyone that complains will get a phone call tonight. So there it is, my fiancé's hand with a ring on it. Now we just have to figure out what we're going to do. We had some coffee at Starbucks this morning and I was excited about both of us wanting the same things. I'm already looking forward to the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! i'm so pumped for you guys.

Nate Williams said...

Congrats my man!! Very impressed, I hope to meet your treat of treats someday!! Guard Well!

Natey