Friday, April 4, 2008

Not Much Happenin'

I haven't taken any pictures lately which was kind of the self-imposed stipulation I've put on myself concerning this blog. It's not that I haven't had anything to talk about, but I just haven't had the imagery to go along with it.

The race Sunday went better than expected. The weather was overcast and cool. Perfect. The route wasn't as bad as what I thought it was going to be... although running that little offshoot up Torrence sucked bad. I think there could be a more reasonable alternative to accomplishing a 15K route. Final number was 1:09:35. Friends and family were there to see us finish which always makes the experience that much better. I was hoping Erica would be more excited about taking pictures of my sister and I making our way down the stretch... but... uhhh... that never happened. And just for that, she gets her mug pasted up there instead. I had to scan some sketches in for a logo and decided that while I was at it, I'd scan one of my favorite pictures of her in, which just so happens to be over some sketches that I'd recently done of her... oh, how weird.

There were also a couple of birthday celebrations over the weekend that didn't seem to warrant a single photo. My sister-in-law, Leslie turned 30. Erica's dad turned 60. It was quite the weekend. This week has sucked. I've worn my raincoat to work three days this week. And one of these days, I'm going to just start taking pictures of the people I encounter. For instance, a man, young woman and her 2-year old son got on the bus yesterday and were cussing like it was their native language. The bus driver pulled the bus over and asked them not to curse. Offended, the young woman got her son to sing the lyrics to a song that contained such expletives as "motherf***er", "s**t" and some others that a young child might still have trouble pronouncing... because as she said over and over, "It's my kid." Indeed it was.

No comments: