Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dookie Boy

Sticky Steve got a new lens. A Lensbaby 2.0. I'm thoroughly enamored with it and want one. Two things however hold me back... its price and the fact that it's a novelty item. You can't shoot with it all the time. It would just become lame and you'd soon learn to hate it. Like trying to get drunk on Guinness.

I told this guy to find me one for "cheap". There would, of course, be a finder's fee. This is Al, of Dookie Boy fame. He's our Main Street ambassador. Anytime I'm at Envoi, he's sure to pop in at some point throughout the day. He lives down the street and spends the majority of his time in the area, so he's got a pretty good idea of the going's on. He's a comic, DJ, entrepreneur... a little bit of everything. He shoots video in the neighborhood and then throws it together on his computer and puts out a DVD every now and again called The Alcatone Show. It's really good stuff and I've always said he should be posting this stuff on myspace... or youtube... something, somewhere. He has really good footage of the riots, of which, some parts are included on his 1st and 2nd DVD's. So anyways, that's Al shot with a funky lens.

I'm beat today. What a weekend. I did have a good run this morning. Just one more tempo run tomorrow morning and we're all set. It'll be good to see everyone.

No comments: