Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm Bored

I'm bored and at somewhat of a standstill with work, so I'll talk about kitchens. I know I'm not the first to say that the kitchen is the heart of a house. If you break down our basic necessities, we really only need food, water and shelter. A kitchen provides you with all three. I'm leery of families that don't naturally congregate to the kitchen. It makes me feel like they're hiding things from each other. It's gives me a general feeling of distrust.

This was last night. I ran in the morning and didn't have to pick Erica up from school until 8:15, so I laid everything out all nice & neat like so that once we got home, we could immediately start dinner. It's like those cooking shows where it's all laid out for them. It makes me think that I might like cooking too if all the preparation was taken care of and I didn't have to wash any dishes. Lazy ass cooking show hosts.

But the sun was setting on another surprisingly beautiful day in central Ohio and standing there gave me a warm fuzzy feeling all over... so I took a picture. It reminded me of my kitchen at the Stratford. It too had a window and door that faced west and in the rare occurrence that it was clean, the same sun would fill the room with a warm glow. And if anyone wondered, spaghetti was the dish. A personal favorite.

No comments: