Monday, April 7, 2008

Hardly Workin'

This is my dad, TNT, up in the ceiling of the garage of my parent's house on Saturday night. Over some time, and apparently unnoticed, a very large section of the ceiling began to separate from the joists in the garage, pulling other sections off their joists along with it. 

Luckily, I was heading home this past weekend and my dad and I were up until 1 am tearing down very heavy drywall... all the while balancing on ladders. It was hard work and I was thoroughly beat by the end of it. And then we woke up the following morning at 6, went to church, breakfast and then played a round of golf with his friend, Don. It was a beautiful day, sunrise to sunset. 

Erica drove in from Columbus for dinner... my mom's chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes. It was a belated birthday gift. I don't care if I'm 45 and have 20 kids, I'll still look forward to my birthday dinner... and I can't say it would ever be anything other than the chicken and noodles. So it was a good weekend spent in Piqua. Not exactly restful, but when we get a stretch of days like we're having, it's hard to justify laying around. The run around the bike loop was worth it as well. Not sure how I did, but it was a nice, steady relaxing run. I wish I had the time to run it more often. I wish I had the time to do a lot of things more often.

No comments: