Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Calling It Quits

It's time to put these puppies to bed. I could probably go down the list of each running shoe I've had. I'll put these to memory as well. The duct tape is falling off the back and the inside padding has more or less disappeared.

Retirement isn't pretty for these guys either. They usually end up pulling river duty or some other unwanted task.

They were good shoes, but they wore out too quick. I usually buy shoes after the Indy Mini each year, but these shoes will never tread heavy over that famous yard of brick. It's like the running back that gets tackled on the one-yard line, only to have the quarterback sneak it in on the following play. But they'll at least see me through one last race. The Cincinnati Mini Heart Marathon is this Sunday. I'm hoping it's their finest hour.

1 comment:

bshawise said...

i'm sick of looking at these shoes.