Friday, March 7, 2008

In The Way

So this is usually the scene I wake up to. Erica is hard at work preparing for the day. And it is hard work... at least from my perspective. For starters, I get 15 minutes plus, of extra sleep. It's usually spent in this tug-of-war of wanting to fall back asleep, but knowing that if I did, I would certainly oversleep and piss someone off. Regardless, it's 15 bonus minutes in a warm bed. I've also never had to run around like her. Running around is hard work. It often means you've got a lot on your mind too. Again, hard work. But the hair is where the real work comes in. 10 minutes of blow drying, a 30 second intermission, 5 more to finish up and finally, a frenzied bout with the flat iron.

This doesn't include clothing, breakfast, coffee... etc, etc. So it never fails that I always seem to be in the way, no matter how low I lay. Such was the case this morning. You just don't want to be on the tracks when that train is coming through.

No comments: