Wednesday, March 5, 2008

'Merica

Politics are the news of the day... or yesterday, rather. Ohio's primaries were Tuesday. Erica and I tried to vote early at the BOE Monday night. It was more than ridiculous. People everywhere. Everyone was there by choice, so it had an energetic feel to it. Almost like a "Hey, we're in this together!" feeling. But then we left because we were hungry, so I guess we weren't in it. Sorry.

But we did go the following morning. Woke up at 5:30 so we could be there by 6:30. We got in and got out. I guess if you want to see the change, you have to vote. I just don't see how there are only two major political parties in such a diverse country. I certainly wouldn't mind going off on a tirade about how the entire system is corrupt and big money is behind it... siphoning resources away from the those who need them most... but I don't have the time to be pissed right now.

And it's not that I'm pissed at this country as much as I'm pissed that I do nothing. I don't volunteer at shelters. I spend my money entertaining myself and friends. I'm not the change that I want to see. So yeah, I am a little pissed, but once again, I don't have the time for it right now. How convenient.

But it is good to see everyone getting out and voting. Rising up. Caring... even if their opinion is not mine, it's great to see.

No comments: