Thursday, March 20, 2008

Art Schooled


I went and saw Jesse James Garrett this evening at the Columbus College of Art & Design. The Columbus Society of Communicating Arts has a speaker about once a month in CCAD's auditorium. I have less than no idea about who most of the speakers are until after the fact, so that's why I try to make it to each one... so I can later say, "Hey, I went and saw (insert famous artist here) speak last night."

I'm glad I go. With the exception of one lone presenter (and I won't mention names), everyone has been incredibly intelligent and uber talented. Tonight wasn't any different. Even though Mr. James isn't necessarily a graphic designer, a lot of his presentation could be applied in work, life and even pleasure. It came down to problem solving. I even ran into someone I know from Piqua. The printer he works for did the show posters, so I talked with him for a bit.

Best one to date has been Tony Spaeth... or Michael Wilson. It's a tie.

No comments: