Monday, March 10, 2008

Take Cover: The Aftermath

Look, it's buried. I made a promise to myself that this will be the last I talk about the winter weather episode that will go down in the books as the Blizzard of 2008, but was never really a blizzard. It's just that there's really nothing else to talk about. It was warm today so it was a shloppy mess. Hidden lakes laid in wait under melting snow... waiting for you to step up to your ankles in freezing water.

I got home and ran five. On Erica's advice, I took off towards Upper Arlington. They must pay poor people to get their streets extra clean, because there's a big difference between their streets and our streets. But then again, I don't think it's any secret who gets the special treatment around town... and it's not those who rent. You could almost see it in the faces of those driving by... "I pay to have these streets accessible to ME and my SUV, not for you to run!" Well then I owe you a taco, because it sure beat the hell out of running in a foot of slush.

I actually hope this is the last we see of old man winter. Until next year you rascally rascal. You snuck a late one in on us this year. Let's keep it in-bounds in the future.

No comments: