Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day Trippin'

I spent Monday in Cincinnati. Surprisingly, it was a good trip. Not that I have this perpetually pessimistic perception of Cincinnati, but there could've been a lot that went wrong... the trip being work-related and all. A rush job was at the printer. It was so rushed that I was in Cincinnati so that I could drive it north as soon as it was off press. But there was a certain calm surrounding it. I attribute that feeling to the small victory we accomplished in getting the job to the printer in the first place. Because of that, the rest of the day just fell into place. Woke up early, perused Eden Park, stopped in at Shadeau for a slice of marble pound and coffee, organized files, had lunch with Brad at thee Skyline and ended the day with a nice looking product delivered from the printer and a short stint of throwing the football in the middle of Main Street. Then it was up and off on northbound 71.

This trip was different, however. It's hard to explain without using clichés like, "I saw Cincinnati like an old friend." So I won't, but I will go as far as saying it was good to drive the streets again. I haven't really felt that way about Cincinnati since first heading down for school... and that's been a while.

1 comment:

bshawise said...

every time i drive the streets of cincinnati i hear them say "jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayson. where's our son? jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayson." they have a thick german accent too which is weird.

if you came back we could join a bowling league. or start a chess league in washington park. or play our guitars on the street. we could build a buick out of rusty parts from a junkyard.


i can't get to sleep.