Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Big Babies

Babies are great. They give large families common ground. Don't be fooled... there is no "perfect" family. We've all got our issues, and the older everyone gets, the more apparent those issues become. And then "BAM," another generation of babies enters the scene and diverts the attention away from our own idiosyncrasies just in the nick of time. Makes us forget about ourselves, which is a good thing. On the right is my dad holding Chloe, Lea's (another cousin) daughter, at the Mother's Day get-together Sunday.

On Monday, I had some syncing of computers to attend to at the office, so I scheduled a long overdue trip out to the east side to visit my niece. My sister, Meghann, went out as well for dinner. It was tasty. My brother grilled steaks for the two of us... turkey for the girls. Nothing like eating a meal you didn't have to cook.

But it was good to see Lauren. It's so much easier to hold them when their necks work. She was fun and held the better part of my attention... aside from eating. She was just so cute. So I'm looking forward to getting back and seeing her again. Once moved, they'll be closer... not by much, but it's closer nonetheless.

No comments: