Tuesday, May 20, 2008

West End

This shot was another "find" from the basement. It was probably one of the first pictures I ever took. I had a Pentax that my grandpa gave me. The light meter was busted and the lens didn't work quite right, but it got me through my required photography classes... which might not be saying much for DAAP.

In the winter of our sophomore year, Brad and I took a walk down to Bellevue Park at the end of Ohio Street in Clifton. Not that this is news to anyone that went to UC or is from the city, but there is a cliff along Clifton Avenue that you can access via the park... you just have to get past the fences... which wasn't very hard at the time. So we made it out to the cliff which gives you a nice view of the west end of Cincinnati, Union Terminal, the train yards and on down to the river. I snapped some photos thinking that just because I'm taking pictures from a nice view, they'll automatically translate into beautiful images on film. Oh, the naivety... although, not much has changed.

While we were on the cliff, it was snowing down on the river and the sun broke through the clouds and down onto the buildings below us.

1 comment:

bshawise said...

I remember when those ice condors swooped down and stole our coney dog (w/sauce) money. Do you have those photos?