Friday, May 9, 2008

Dreary Day Dreamin'

I can't put to mind a more dull Friday than this one, the 9th of May. What gives? It's a cold 53 degrees and the sun hasn't been out since Tuesday. It was out for a bit Wednesday morning, but I'm pissed about the whole thing so I'm not going to count it. Stretches like this without sunlight wear me down... make me tired and lethargic.

Really, I think I'm just wore out. Played volleyball Wednesday night until 11pm in the rain. Woke up early Thursday and had a jog, turned around and played more volleyball in more rain Thursday evening. This league is going to be tough, but it's fun to get after it. So the past couple days have left me sore all over... wanting only a couch, afghan and a warm cup of coffee. Most especially on a day like this.

So I needed to go back through some photos to seek inspiration for the day since there's really nothing to shoot. This was one of the first pictures I took with the D40. TNT and I took a walk around Hemm's farm in Piqua sometime between Christmas and New Years. I used to spend a little bit of time down there. My dad grew up with Jim Hemm and he and his wife, Rosie, are my god-parents. It hasn't changed a whole lot over the years. Paul Sherry (of van dealing fame) has done all he can to manipulate the land with an industrial park and a double-fenced "estate" to the south. But the little farm continues to be a stronghold for day's gone by.

1 comment:

bshawise said...

TNT mus' be half cherokee half chawkaw.