Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Only A Motion Away

Mother's Day was spent at Fountain Park in Piqua with the Tyler family. It was supposed to be a day of fun in the sun but instead became a day of "watch the rain." Even a break in the rain would've allowed a toss of the football or a spike of the volleyball. Not once were the puddles stilled.

I know how I felt about it so I don't really know how my cousin's son, Connor, made it. He and his bright red trike were quarantined to the 50 square foot patio space under the shelter. That's like giving a fat kid broccoli... sure, it's edible but it's hardly a substitute for pizza.

But as usual, there was lots of food and plenty of chit-chatting. Enough to keep us all occupied for several hours. In all honesty, I've felt like these get-togethers need to last a smidge longer. For instance, at Easter, I ended up playing some volleyball outside with my sister and another cousin, Cheyenne. By the time I came back in, it was time to go. No one sticks around anymore. I can't even tell you the last time we played cards. Maybe I'm just not remembering old times all that well, but I remember these same gatherings lasting well into the night... running through the gamut of usual activities... hide 'n seek, euchre, dessert, etc. When did everyone get in such a hurry?

No comments: