Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Funky Llama

I haven't gotten out lately, so this is going to have to do. And I would consider this a good find regardless. I've never laid claim to a refined palate... the likes of which can pick up the subtle hints of apples, berries, dirt and other assorted earthy tones in a glass of wine. I like whatever I like for whatever reason. I prefer what I would call the "bite"of a cabernet to the sweetness of a shiraz... but there aren't too many instances where I've not enjoyed the glass I was drinking. Perfection can be left for the experts to figure out.

Anyways, I recently went into the grocery store to grab a bottle of Yellow Tail and was dismayed to see the price. Ahh, the effects of supply and demand. Well, my principles got the best of me and I refused to pay $12 for a bottle of wine that cost me $6 three or four years ago. So I set out in search of a cheap bottle. After some ho-hum results, I found the Funky Llama. It's good. That's really the whole point of this post... I think Funky Llama is pretty good. And I also think that the shiraz is better than the cabernet. Cheers.

2 comments:

bshawise said...

i like the llama but don't love the logotype.

Nate Williams said...

you are my Llama of Love!